Panel Discussion - BNY Mellon & Jefferies | Identity Fraud & Passwords.
About this Event
A few staggering statistics:
- 1 in every 99 emails is a phishing attack (Check Point Research)
- 32% of data breaches involve phishing (Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report)
- 29% of data breaches involve use of stolen credentials (Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report)
- 64% of organizations have experienced a phishing attack in the past year (Check Point Research)
- 22% of organizations list phishing as their greatest security threat (EY Global Information)
The average cost per compromised record is $150 (IBM’s Cost of a Data Breach Report). Reportedly, 5.2 million records were stolen in Marriott’s most
recent breach, so allow me to do the math for you: a potential cost of $780 million. In fairness, no one is immune to a data breach. The average breach costs businesses $3.92 million. The costs can be broken down into several different categories, including loss of productivity, damaged reputation, direct monetary loss, compliance fines, etc.
Is there a remedy or better, a vaccine, against these forms of cyber-attacks?
Identity Proofing as a Core Element
Digital Verifiable Credentials Management
User Data Stored Encrypted in The Blockchain
Decentralized Digital Identity - User Managed Identity
To enter for your chance to win an Apple Watch Series 6:
STEP 1: Follow 1Kosmos on LinkedIn
STEP 2: Register* with a corporate email address for our webinar entitled "Breaking Silos : How to Identify and Authenticate an employee or customer, and Verify Credentials using a SINGLE solution?" that takes place on Tuesday, September 15 from 11:00am to 12:00pm EST
STEP 3: Attend the webinar from start to finish
One winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received as soon as the webinar has ended. We will immediately notify the winner before making an announcement on LinkedIn.
* 1Kosmos and CISO MAG employees do not qualify.