Provider of Distributed Digital Identity Platform Reaches New Milestones for Revenues and Customer Acquisition
SOMERSET, N.J., Jan. 19, 2022 – 1Kosmos, the only company that unifies identity proofing and passwordless authentication, today announced record business results for 2021 including a 5X increase in bookings, 3X growth in new customers and that it expanded its workforce by 2X. The company also raised $15 Million in Series A Funding from Forgepoint Capital last year.
“The accelerating use of biometrics and mobile devices for authentication is paving the way for a passwordless world,” said Hemen Vimadalal, CEO for 1Kosmos. “Our ability to unify identity proofing and authentication in a frictionless way for employees, consumers and citizens enabled us to exceed our business goals in 2021 and set the stage for accelerated growth in 2022.”
In its first year of commercial sales, 1Kosmos has entered into several strategic go-to-market partnerships for the 1Kosmos BlockID platform. In the US, BlockID is the underlying technology for major telecom providers that establishes trust based on the user’s mobile device, account, and location. It is also used by leading Fortune 100 financial institutions to provide employee identity proofing and passwordless access.
2021 Business Highlights
Since emerging from stealth mode in February 2021, 1Kosmos has achieved the following milestones:
- BlockID has been deployed and is being used to manage more than 50 million identities
- Expanded its partnership with Hitachi Systems India to enter the growing APAC market
- As winner of the 2021 Alestra NAVE Program, 1Kosmos has partnered with Alestra, Axtel ICT services business unit to bring BlockID to the Mexican market
- Expanded leadership team with the appointment of new executives Michael Cichon from Agari as CMO, Kevin Brown from Saviynt as CRO, and Javed Shah from ForgeRock as VP of Product Management
- Was named to Fast Company’s First-Ever List of the Next Big Things in Tech that honors technology breakthroughs that promise to shape the future of their industries
- Cited in analyst reports by Forrester, Gartner, KuppingerCole, TAG Cyber and TechVision Research
- Became the first identity platform to achieve both FIDO2 and NIST 800-63-3 certification
- Received iBeta certification for biometric accuracy
- Received ISO/IEC 27001 certification
- Introduced app-less authentication for passwordless logins via a mobile device or laptop
- Rolled out a Passwordless Identity Package for enterprise workforces
- Added new SIM (subscriber identity module) binding capabilities that prevent online fraud
1Kosmos helps companies unify identity proofing and authentication to provide workers, customers and citizens frictionless onboarding and passwordless access to data and services. The FIDO2 and NIST certified BlockID distributed digital identity platform creates a portable digital wallet for easy access to online services. It virtually eliminates the risk of identity impersonation, account takeover, and transaction fraud by combining strong authentication with strong identity enrollment. BlockID performs millions of authentications daily for some of the largest banks, telecommunications and healthcare organizations in the world. The company is funded by Forgepoint Capital with headquarters in Somerset, New Jersey. For more information, visit www.1kosmos.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Press ContactMarc Gendron
Marc Gendron PR for 1Kosmos