The Business Challenge
Single sign on (SSO) simplifies access management across multiple applications.
Adding FIDO2 biometric authentication provides strong authentication in the form of the private key stored in the TPM / secure enclave of the device (possession element) and the live biometric (inherence element).
This ensures that the person requesting access to an online service is actually who they say they are, versus simply verifying the individual has access to the password and one time code.
But the key business driver behind adding biometric authentication to SSO tends to be user preference. User satisfaction improves when they are able to replace passwords and one time codes with their biometric. Why? Because it’s easier to use and provides them faster access.
With 1Kosmos BlockID Workforce, security and privacy also increase because only the user has access and control of their private information. Users determine which online services can use their information for authentication, and users approve precisely the information that is shared. There is no central database or honeypot to guard and for hackers to target with attacks.
The BlockID Advantage
The 1Kosmos BlockID platform offers several forms of built-in identity based authentication to secure your remote workforce:
Users will utilize their trusted mobile device for daily authentication and step-up authentication for physical, logical, or even offline access. As a result, each access event is associated with a real, verified identity.
- “LiveID” advanced biometric authentication
- Device biometrics such as TouchID and FaceID
- Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP)
- One-Time Password (OTP) and Offline Access OTP
- SMS and Email
- Push Notification
- FIDO2 Tokens
- Offline Access
- U2F – Universal Second Factors such as Universal Serial Bus (USB) and near-field communication (NFC)
The 1Kosmos BlockID platform is a flexible and customizable platform, so you’ll be able to find the best adaptive authentication method that meets the unique needs of your diverse application ecosystem.
BlockID augments any mobile or web application and can even be implemented in an appless workflow
We provide multiple ways for organizations to deploy our solution:
- The 1Kosmos Mobile App: Our mobile app is available on Apple Store and Google Play and is the interface for users when authenticating with our authentication methods and enrolling their identity
- White Label Mobile App: The 1Kosmos Mobile App is readily brandable! Organizations can display their logo and tailor the appearance to support their brand guidelines.
- Embedded via SDK into Existing App: We provide SDK integration to easily add our solution into existing mobile applications.
- App-less Authentication: Support for FIDO2 enabled devices, means no app download to perform biometric authentication.
Authentication built to work on Windows, Mac, Unix/Linux, iOS and Android means you can secure users no matter what device they are on.
A certified platform and SDK / API integration simplifies implementation without custom coding or special configurations
1Kosmos BlockID integrates with most standards-based physical access management systems with no custom coding, no special firewall rules, or special security configurations. Deployment is simple and fast – typically in under a week – via off the shelf APIs and services with low risk and no disruption. Our SDK ensures easy integration into existing apps to streamline the implementation and day-to-day management.
We also provide out-of-the-box integration into 50 target systems, including desktops (Windows, macOS and Unix), to help ensure a consistent login experience across the diversity of systems you’ll find today.