The 1Kosmos Architectural Advantage
To reach a higher level of Identity Assurance and Authentication Assurance (e.g., IAL2 / AAL2 per the NIST 800-63-3 guidelines), 1Kosmos BlockID triangulates claims across multiple, verifiable sources. These include such personal details as the user’s full name, date of birth, address, place of birth, photo ID, phone number,, employer, etc. The triangulation is based upon government or bank-issued documents such as a driver’s license, national ID card, passport, credit card, social security number, and more.
Information can be matched across sources to validated documents as current and not lost or stolen. Our verification accommodates government-issued credentials in 205 countries including driver’s license, passport, or National ID with +99% identity proofing accuracy and spoofing / counterfeit detection. Identity verification at lower levels of assurance is possible using banking, telco (e.g., SIM binding), email, Social Security Number, phone number, and other methods.
A digital verifiable credential can represent all of the same information that a physical credential represents, but can include additional assurances against fraud, such as a digital signature.
Verifiable credentials allow for the digital proofing of user claims data through public-private cryptography. Our solutions follow the VCs Data Model, defined at the W3C, which is a universal data format that lets any entity express anything about another entity. It provides a common mechanism for the interoperable implementation of digital credentials that are cryptographically secure, tamper-evident, privacy respecting, and machine-verifiable. A common standardized data model enables standardized credential packaging, cryptographic signing, and proof expression. This creates a VC ecosystem with interoperable credentials, allowing credentials to be processed and understood across and between disparate systems.
Configurable Use Cases
Use cases for verifiable credentials utilize verifiable data registries include trusted databases, decentralized databases, government ID databases, and distributed ledgers. Often there is more than one type of verifiable data registry utilized. Use cases can span several key domains, for example:
- Education: Utilize a credential repository service to provide digital transcript and digital credentials representing certificates or degrees achieved.
- Finance: Perform Know-Your-Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliant identity verification utilizing government-supplied verifiable credentials and issue a digitally-signed credential.
- Retail: Verify retail account ownership, payment account, payment amount and sufficient permission to approve payment.
- Healthcare: Facilitate patient approved sharing of electronic healthcare records with a Qualified Health Information Network (QHIN).
- Government: Enable government agencies to function as a Credential Service Provider by performing Identity Assurance Level 2 (IAL2) identity verification and issue a digitally signed Authentication Assurance Level 2 (AAL2) credential certified to NIST 800-63-3 standards.
- Enterprise: Share current and past employment to prospective employers and entities who need to verify status.
Administration and DevOps Tools
1Kosmos developed a mission-critical platform to require no custom coding, special firewall rules or special security configurations. Deployment is simple and fast, with over 50 out-of-the-box integrations and a robust SDK / API framework that complies with the strictest GDPR, SOC2 and ISO 27001 certification standards for handling and retention of sensitive data.
This enables ID proofing to be quickly integrated into native apps via an API, mobile, web, or desktop integration. This flexible, standards-based approach can meet the needs of most any workflow and enables 1Kosmos BlockID to satisfy both workforce and customer identity verification.
As a cloud-based identity provider, BlockID also comes with an administration portal that provides easy access to the configuration and management of the BlockID platform.
For Developers, the DevX portal provides a hosted sandbox to test FIDO-based authentication and identity verification capabilities and features a guided tour for building different authentication and verification options into your applications. Our Developer Sandbox is an easy, interactive, hands-on way for developers to learn about authentication and identity proofing. Developers can test use cases in the sandbox using the available APIs for FIDO-based authentication, WebAuthn, Magic Links, drivers license verification, Verified Credentials and more.
For enterprises aiming to implement a passwordless pilot program, there is an option to utilize a cloud-based user store for creating and managing new distributed digital identities.