Driver’s licenses were one of the top three most breached data attributes in 2021, according to the Identity Theft Resource Center (ITRC). To make matters worse, many driver’s licenses are counterfeit or altered, making them inauthentic. The American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (AAMVA) is committed to eliminating these issues by implementing the “one driver, one record” driver’s license concept. This is why 1Kosmos has partnered with AAMVA to automate driver’s license verification within the BlockID platform.
BlockID integrates with AAMVA to confirm instantly whether driver’s license data is authentic by confirming with a nationwide registry of motor vehicles (RMV) lookup. This allows government agencies, financial institutions, and employers to verify that a driver’s license provided by a citizen, customer or employee actually belongs to them based on RMV records. This way, identity verification is automated which gives organizations confidence that a user is who he or she claims to be. Let’s take a closer look at how this process works within the BlockID platform:
Some key advantages of the 1Kosmos AAMVA verification are:
- Meet eKYC (Electronic Know Your Customer) compliance by verifying customers’ identity as part of the onboarding process
- Meet AML (Anti-Money Laundering) compliance with screening and monitoring capabilities
- Easy to integrate web-friendly software
- Data privacy — all data is encrypted and any PII is purged immediately after verification
- Various U.S. document types supported
- A seamless customer experience during account opening and re-onboarding
Are you interested in learning more about the 1Kosmos and AAMVA integration? I invite you to read our press release.